Monday, November 19, 2012

The Color Run

There is a reason they call it 'the happiest 5k on the planet.' It really, really is!


All sparkly clean beforehand (and freezing cold!)





I first heard about The Color Run on this blog I follow. She did it with a group of friends, one of whom was a videographer. They filmed their group running the race and the video made me seriously happy. I showed it to my husband. And then we showed it to some friends. And then I looked up to see if it was coming to a city near me. IT WAS, and we immediately signed up. That was in the spring. I wasn't really thinking about what it would feel like to run a race in mid-November. We found out really quick on Saturday that it was COLD! Thankfully it was sunny, but the 40 degree temps and wind chill made it feel more like 20 degrees. I was really hoping for the 70 degree weekend we had a few weeks past. Oh well, we had signed up, and were gonna run it no matter what.

We got there around 7:30 and there were already hundreds of people pouring into the motor raceway. We got in line, got out number, T-shirt, sweatband, tattoo, and pack of color pigment for the after-party color explosion.


This was the first race for the three of us, and we couldn't have picked a more perfect one to start off our running careers. 

Here's a few iPhone photos we snapped along the way. We were covered head to toe in this wonderful, colorful powder stuff. I loved every bit of it. The finish line dance party was phenomenal. We were some of the first to finish in our wave. We had to wait until enough people gathered before we all opened our color packets and had the biggest color explosion dance party ever!















If The Color Run ever comes to a city near you, DO IT! Get your friends, family, spouse and kids. Get the craziest costumes, socks, wigs, and accessories. And get ready to have the time of your life.

Bye for now!

Bonte

3 comments:

  1. I am doing this in December in Tucson and can't wait! Thanks for sharing pics - it looks like blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun, it makes me want to start running! Loved the pics...

    ReplyDelete