Friday, October 19, 2012

Diana Vreeland


I'm so excited to see the film, The Eye Has To Travel. It's about Harpers Bazar Editor and fashion icon, Diana Vreeland. It was said of her by close friends, "She was and remains the only genius fashion editor."

A few random facts from around the web:

She was born in Paris in July 1903
She moved to Albany, NY with husband her two sons until 1929. It was too expensive so they moved to London where she danced and opened a lingerie boutique
Her favorite Paris shopping was Chanel (Big surprise, right?)
Became a columnist for Harpers in 1937
She was a ballet dancer
She loved the 60's
She was a fashion editor at Harper's Bazaar for 26 years

I love fashion films. We just re-watched The September Issue last night, which I never tire of seeing. It always inspires me and my dreams.



Is anyone else planning to see it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

"You're not supposed to give people what they want. You're supposed to give them what they don't know when want yet." Diana Vreeland

Bonte

No comments:

Post a Comment